Notice: Undefined index: slug in /home/chitutml/inspiredlovers.net/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 1840

Notice: Undefined index: slug in /home/chitutml/inspiredlovers.net/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 1840

Notice: Undefined index: slug in /home/chitutml/inspiredlovers.net/wp-includes/class-wp-theme-json.php on line 1840
Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open - Inspiredlovers
Connect with us

Sports

Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open

Published

on

Inspiredlovers Screenshot_20210821-043847 Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open Sports Tennis

Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open

Nadal anounced his decision in a video on social media Friday, saying the injury to his left foot will keep him from the year’s last major tournament.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT

“I am very sorry to announce that I won’t be able to keep playing tennis during the 2021 season,” Nadal said. “But, as you know, I have been suffering too much with my foot for the last year now and I missed a lot of important events for me.”

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

Federer, who needs knee surgery, said last weekend he would not play in New York.

Also missing from the field at Flushing Meadows will be reigning champion Dominic Thiem, who said this week he is ending his season after injuring his right wrist in June.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

Nadal and Federer share the men’s record of 20 Grand Slam singles titles with Novak Djokovic, who will be trying to not only to move ahead of his rivals but also complete a calendar-year Grand Slam at the U.S. Open.

Inspiredlovers Screenshot_20210821-043923 Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open Sports Tennis

Djokovic won the Australian Open in February, the French Open in June and Wimbledon in July.

Nadal and Federer also both sat out the U.S. Open last year – Nadal because of the pandemic; Federer because he had two operations on his right knee in 2020.

The last time Nadal entered the tournament, in 2019, he won it for one of his four trophies in New York.

The U.S. Open draw is next week and main draw play starts Aug. 30.

Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open

Federer (40), Nadal (35) and Djokovic (34) have ruled men’s tennis for more than 15 years, dominating the sport’s most important tournaments and swapping the No. 1 ranking.

Djokovic beat Nadal in the French Open semifinals and the Spaniard then sat out both Wimbledon and the Olympics because of fatigue.

Inspiredlovers Screenshot_20210821-044003 Rafael Nadal joined Roger Federer in sitting out the U.S. Open Sports Tennis

Speaking in the video, the fourth-ranked Nadal said the foot pain he has been battling most of his career is too much.

“During the last year I was not able to practice and prepare the way I need to be competitive at the standards I want to be,” he said. “The injury is nothing new. It is the same injury I am having since 2005. In that moment the doctors were very negative about my future career. But, honestly, I was able to have a career I was unable to ever dream about, so I am confident I will recover again.”

Nadal insisted he is “going to fight every single day” because he is convinced he still has “a couple of beautiful years” left in his career.

He won two tournaments this year, on clay in Barcelona and Rome.

The battle of rivary between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal

 

THERE IS COMMENT BOX AFTER THE ADS, SHARE YOUR THOUGHT WITH US

2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Pingback: Rafael Nadal Academy drop Documentary Trailer of him featuring Federer - My Blog

  2. Pingback: Roger Federer Sends Positive News for Tennis Fans Ahead of His Return - My Blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

“Still a lot to learn”- Mick Schumacher is devastated

Published

on

Inspiredlovers imago1046095399h-e1718716037454 “Still a lot to learn”- Mick Schumacher is devastated Sports  Mick Schumacher

“Still a lot to learn”- Mick Schumacher is devastated

Mick Schumacher wants to return to Formula 1 in the long term. However, he is currently driving in the endurance series with Alpine. Most recently, the big highlight of the year was the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT

But this quickly turned into a real disaster. The race was over sooner than hoped. After the great disappointment, the ex -Formula 1 driver has now spoken out on Instagram.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

Formula 1: Mick Schumacher with bitter retirement
Due to engine problems, Schumacher and his two colleagues had to park their Alpine after just five and a half hours. At this point, Schumacher had completed 33 laps and set the best time for his team. Nevertheless, the German was very frustrated.

“We were very fast until the failure, which is very positive. Of course, it is a shame that both cars were eliminated from the race because of the problem with the engine. But I would say we will not focus too much on the negative,” he explained shortly after the race.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

++ Formula 1: It’s official! Now all fans can know ++

“What a pity! We didn’t quite achieve our goal of finishing the race.
But the positive thing is that the speed and work ethic were there. There is still a lot to learn, after all, it was only our 4th race,” Schumacher wrote on his Instagram channel.

Schumacher remains positive despite setback
Despite the bitter setback, he also took a lot of positives from the weekend. “We have been here for a few days and have been on the track a lot. We have learned a lot and we have grown together as a team. We have managed to get rid of problems and put them behind us,” said the former Formula 1 driver.

“In the end, we were able to fight for pole position and for good positions in the race. And my stint was really very good, I’m really happy with that,” added the 25-year-old. He is now looking ahead again – also to increase his chances of a Formula 1 comeback next season.

THERE IS COMMENT BOX AFTER THE ADS, SHARE YOUR THOUGHT WITH US

Continue Reading

Sports

Lewis Hamilton responds to ‘sabotage’ and ‘foul play’ claims at Mercedes

Published

on

Inspiredlovers 3599110.0064_1.jpg Lewis Hamilton responds to ‘sabotage’ and ‘foul play’ claims at Mercedes Sports

Lewis Hamilton responds to ‘sabotage’ and ‘foul play’ claims at Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton has called for support for Mercedes and defended teammate George Russell in the wake of wild claims about sabotage and foul play existing within the team.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT

The seven-time world champion has endured a difficult start to the 2024 campaign – his final F1 season with Mercedes before making a blockbuster switch to Ferrari for 2025.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

Hamilton has largely been out-performed by Russell and is trailing his teammate 1-8 in the qualifying head-to-heads. The 39-year-old’s bizarre claim in Monaco that he doesn’t expect to out qualify Russell again this year, and his below-par form, has led to theories that Mercedes could be favouring Russell.

Speaking to media including Crash.net on Thursday at the Spanish Grand Prix, Hamilton was asked what he made of the suspicions and claims coming from some of his fanbase on social media.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

“They know that, if you look at the years, we’ve always been a strong team, we’ve always worked really hard together,” Hamilton said.“I think it is easy to get emotional, I even commented in the last race for example just how I have faults. I think we need support, not negativity.

“I wasn’t actually aware that George was experiencing any negativity. George has done nothing but his best every single weekend and delivering for the team, so he can’t be faulted at all.

“Of course there are always things that can be better within a team and that comes through conversations, through communication, and that’s what we’re consistently working on.

“But we’re all in the same boat, we’re all working hard together and we all want to finish on a high. We owe that to our long-term relationship.”

Asked if he was aware of an email claiming to be from a Mercedes team member raising concerns about his car being sabotaged, Hamilton responded: “I just commented on it so not much more to add. I haven’t seen the email.”

Russell insisted he had not seen any negativity directed towards him, but said it demonstrates how social media can be a “double-edged sword”.

“Personally I don’t look on Instagram or Twitter to be honest,” he said. “I still control my own account, so I work with my team and all of the content that goes out is through me, and all of the captions, everything, is all of my messaging.

“But I think social media is a really double-edged sword. There are so many funny things that you see on social media, and it keeps you up to date with so much. But then on the flip side it’s not just myself but everybody in the limelight there seems to be negativity pointed towards them.

“Like Lewis said, you want to feel the support, not giving out negativity to others. It’s not something I’ve seen, I’ve heard about it. Of course it’s never nice to hear this stuff but that’s unfortunately the world we live in at the moment and any person in the public eye is facing.”

THERE IS COMMENT BOX AFTER THE ADS, SHARE YOUR THOUGHT WITH US

Continue Reading

Sports

“It Shouldn’t be With My Wife”: Kevin Harvick Discloses Post-Retirement’s ‘Eye Opening’ Experience After FOX’s Exit

Published

on

Inspiredlovers GettyImages-459098710 "It Shouldn't be With My Wife”: Kevin Harvick Discloses Post-Retirement’s ‘Eye Opening’ Experience After FOX’s Exit Sports  Kevin Harvick

“It Shouldn’t be With My Wife”: Kevin Harvick Discloses Post-Retirement’s ‘Eye Opening’ Experience After FOX’s Exit

One of the biggest perks for Kevin Harvick after hanging up his boots from competitive racing was that he bagged a job in the FOX booth, and didn’t really have to leave NASCAR. Although he wasn’t racing, it was the perfect platform for him to stay connected with the Cup racing action. But with FOX Sport’s quota of broadcasting 16 races coming to an end, Harvick, for the first time, had to alter his routine.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to put the feelings into words Harvick, via the Happy Hour podcast, said, “It was strange. I sat in a chair and watched the race, and that, for me, I don’t even know how to describe it. It was eye-opening I guess would be the best way to put it. We spent the latter part of the afternoon and the evening in the swimming pool, which was always entertaining and fun, and then I sat and watched the race. And learned that it was awkward at first.”

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

But he certainly wasn’t aware of what the experience would be like watching the race on TV with his wife, DeLana. “I realize that I don’t want to watch races with my wife. Well, my wife is brutal, like she is brutal whether it’s the competitors or the broadcaster, and she’s like totally opinionated on pretty much everything that happens. I was kind of set back because it wasn’t like oh you know, I think this was good, maybe not so good. It was like that sucked, that was stupid, what an idiot,” he further explained.

Moreover, Harvick also shed light on the crucial moment in the race where the balance shifted in favor of Ryan Blaney to score his first win of the season.

ARTICLE CONTINUE AFTER THE ADVERTISEMENT..... SCROLL DOWN

Kyle Larson, without a doubt, is a contender to win each weekend when he gets behind the wheel of the No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Chevy. However, he just wasn’t able to contest for a lead thanks to a big crash during the Stage 2 run. It was the Trackhouse Racing driver, Daniel Suarez, who turned the Larson, causing him to lose control of his race car and ram into Denny Hamlin’s race car before colliding with the wall. That was it; the Hendrick Motorsports star had to park his car in the garage and call it a day.

This is where Harvick felt like Blaney became a clear favorite to claim his big win of the season. “I think really, when the 5 car fell out, that was pretty much gonna be the closest competition that he had, in my opinion. The situation with the 5 and the 99 that was kind of a weird deal, and you know, you could definitely see the 99 come up the racetrack and kind of get into the left rear quarter panel of the 5 and wreck him. But once the 5 car was out, I felt like it was Blaney’s race to lose.”

THERE IS COMMENT BOX AFTER THE ADS, SHARE YOUR THOUGHT WITH US

Continue Reading
Verified by MonsterInsights