Connect with us

Sports

Emma Raducanu was outplayed in Transylvania Open quarter-final by Marta Kostyuk

Published

on

Inspiredlovers Screenshot_20211030-005006 Emma Raducanu was outplayed in Transylvania Open quarter-final by Marta Kostyuk Sports Tennis

Emma Raducanu was outplayed in Transylvania Open quarter-final by Marta Kostyuk

Raducanu, 18, lacked the fighting spirit and precision she had shown in her previous two matches in Cluj-Napoca, racking up 41 unforced errors, and said afterwards she was not surprised, because she felt “lethargic” all day ahead of the evening start-time.

Emma Raducanu was outplayed in Transylvania Open quarter-final by Marta Kostyuk

“I was tired today, I knew from the morning, I knew from practice,” she said. “I wanted to try my best, and maybe it would go better. But I just couldn’t get it going today, unfortunately. Marta’s a great athlete, so I knew it was going to be a tough match. I wasn’t physically feeling 100 per cent. I was quite tired and lethargic, but sometimes you just have those days when you don’t feel your best. But all credit to Marta for staying focused.”

Emma Raducanu gifted her historic US Open trophy to the LTA

Unlike most players Raducanu has faced so far in her career, she and Kostyuk have history. The pair are contemporaries, both born in 2002, and played each other a couple of times as juniors – recording a win each in Tennis Europe tournaments. While Kostyuk said ahead of their clash that she could not recall those meetings, for Raducanu the memory was fresh. “She destroyed me in juniors,” the Briton said, referring to their last meeting in Belgium six years ago, when the Ukrainian played 12-year-old Raducanu off the court, winning 6-1, 6-1. Raducanu had predicted things would be much different in Cluj-Napoca, because of how far they have both come, but in the end the scoreline almost matched it. The major title Raducanu won just last month did little to scare Kostyuk off, and she stormed to victory at the BT Arena, winning 6-2, 6-1 in 57 minutes.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Hostings Coupons

    May 7, 2022 at 9:08 am

    It is best to participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this website!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Boxing

Charles Leclerc’s anger with Ferrari while ‘Checo’ Pérez escaped him: “Stop talking to me

Published

on

Inspiredlovers mattia-binotto-charles-leclerc-1652746 Charles Leclerc's anger with Ferrari while 'Checo' Pérez escaped him: "Stop talking to me Boxing Sports  Yuki Tsunoda Formula 1 F1 News Checo' Pérez Charles Leclerc

Charles Leclerc’s anger with Ferrari while ‘Checo’ Pérez escaped him: “Stop talking to me

Charles Leclerc did not finish the race in Singapore in the best way. He started from pole and ‘Checo’ Pérez passed him at the start. After the safety car caused by Yuki Tsunoda, the Ferrari driver was very close to the Mexican, but could not overtake him on a circuit where it is difficult to do so. After several laps of pursuit, the Monegasque ended up moving away from Pérez, which caused a radio situation that caused him anger.

It was known that the Red Bull would be investigated after the race for not respecting the distance with the safety car. Faced with a possible five-second penalty, the team asked him to push:

Charles Leclerc’s anger with Ferrari while ‘Checo’ Pérez escaped him: “Stop talking to me

“The distance with Pérez is 2.4 seconds. We need to be five seconds behind Pérez.” But Red Bull warned its driver to increase the pace and thus ensure victory in case of a penalty. When Ferrari notified Leclerc of this, the Monegasque replied to his engineer with a forceful “stop talking to me”.

Finally, the FIA ​​did penalize Pérez with five seconds and a reprimand, but the Mexican lengthened the distance with Leclerc by more than seven seconds, so he still won the race.

READ MORE: Fresh reports indicate Red Bull and Max Verstappen won’t be…

The second and third place of the Ferrari added to the debacle of Mercedes (Lewis Hamilton was ninth and George Russell 14th) allows the ‘Scuderia’ to settle in second place in the Constructors’ World Championship.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Fresh reports indicate Red Bull and Max Verstappen won’t be…

Published

on

Inspiredlovers Screenshot_20220603-090744 Fresh reports indicate Red Bull and Max Verstappen won’t be... Boxing Sports  Red Bull F1 Max Verstappen Formula 1 F1 News

Fresh reports indicate Red Bull and Max Verstappen won’t be…

New reports have come to light that Red Bull may have committed a minor breach of the financial regulations last year, rather than a material one.

Formula 1’s first budget cap was introduced last year, and it stood at $145 million for the teams to spend on their cars.

There are three categories of breach of the financial regulations, one of which being procedural, whereby a team may fail to submit paperwork, or submits It late.

Williams were fined for this by the FIA earlier on in 2022, and reports came to light last week suggesting that Aston Martin and Red Bull might have overspent last year.

Overspending is split into two more categories – minor and material – and there were suggestions that the Austrian side may have gone over by as much as $10 million.

Fresh reports indicate Red Bull and Max Verstappen won’t be…

This would constitute a material breach, as the threshold is five percent, and such a contravention would leave them at risk of one of the harsher penalties.

Among those punishments is an exclusion from the world championship in question which, in this instance, is that of last year.

There was speculation during last weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix weekend that Max Verstappen was in danger of losing his world title to Sir Lewis Hamilton.

READ MORE: Carlos Sainz aims subtle dig at those who ‘didn’t want him’ challenging Charles Leclerc

However, a report from Sportsmail now suggests that the Milton Keynes-based outfit did go over the limit, but not my more than five percent.

Red Bull boss, Christian Horner, was outraged by the accusations being aimed at his team, mainly by Ferrari and Mercedes, and he is thought to be considering legal action against what he feels are “defamatory” comments.

Red Bull insist that they did everything by the book.

Certificates of compliance will be handed out on Wednesday, at which point we will know who stayed within the budget cap in 2021.

Continue Reading

Sports

Kids Go Into Raptures as Novak Djokovic Delights Them With Precious Gifts in Kazakhstan

Published

on

Inspiredlovers UNI116653 Kids Go Into Raptures as Novak Djokovic Delights Them With Precious Gifts in Kazakhstan Sports Tennis  Tennis World Tennis News Novak Djokovic ATP

Kids Go Into Raptures as Novak Djokovic Delights Them With Precious Gifts in Kazakhstan

Despite having one of the biggest fanbases among current ATP players, the Djoker also has a significant number of critics. However, Djokovic’s magic has never failed to work on little kids. And the same happened when he arrived in Kazakhstan. The Serbian player is yet to play his first match there, but he made time for the little children on the courtside.

He signed autographs for the kids and the bright voices of kids calling out Djokovic’s name lit the whole stadium. The Serbian player has come to Kazakhstan after clinching victory at Tel Aviv.

The Serbian legend made sure to take some time off his training schedule to sign various souvenirs for the kids. They were excited to be around the 21-time Grand Slam champion who made sure to bring a smile to their face. The children were seen calling out Djokovic’s name in the video.

Kids Go Into Raptures as Novak Djokovic Delights Them With Precious Gifts in Kazakhstan

READ MORE: This is Rachel Stuhlmann, the sexiest tennis player in the world who loves Rafa Nadal

Last month, after he could not play at the US Open, he went to Novak Tennis Center in Belgrade to spend time with the children there.

Apart from that, he also hit some balls with Mike Tyson‘s daughter Milan at the Indian Wells in 2018. She adores him the most, and the opportunity lighted up her confidence.

After being at the farewell of his arch-rival, Roger Federer at the Laver Cup, the Serbian expressed his desire to have a similar retirement. Being around family and close ones is important, but he would also like to be surrounded by his arch-rivals.

READ MORE: Do You Know That Novak Djokovic Wins Tel Aviv Makes His Career Title To Reach…

Continue Reading